2/19/06

Last of...

(alternate title "LaVigne/LaVile")

I've seen some nasty shit in my time. I've taken most it in stride and with the ability to understand what I was seeing. Even when the towers fell in NYC, as devastated as I was, I still had some frame of reference. The event was within an extreme but understandable scope of human nature.

Last night, I met someone outside of my scope of reasonable understanding.

Last night, I was ill. I was so repulsed that it hurt my gut - physically. I was literally heaving. I have never in my whole life been brought to a gag reflex by individual’s behavior. I didn't even think it was possiblity for me.

I feel (a little)...

...less innocent
...less naïve
...less open

I will not let this bleed into my general optimism regarding the human condition and how I’d like to live my life.

I will not let last night destroy the last of… my faith in… real passion; real love… for what is real and true, in life and in love; respect for ourselves.

Hope it was fun for you… good luck with that.

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2006 10:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've read this post 50 times today. I keep hoping to find something I didn't recognize.

Amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home