2/10/06

Imam

While listening to CJAD Talk Radio, an Imam (the prayer leader of a mosque) said something like:

"If you want to create a real change, fill the Mosques instead of the streets"

Certainly better than burning things... let’s try to not criticize but to empathize with "the oppressed". I was raised a Muslim – now I am a Christewslimuddha – for me, it’s all about…

KARMA: the force generated by a person's actions held in Hinduism and Buddhism to perpetuate transmigration and in its ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence.

TRANSMIGRATION: to pass at death from one body or being to another.

I’ve transmigrated, in a sense, from one self-being to another. I hope to continue…

So the point here is to treat disrespect with respect, angry with empathy, violence with peace – to lead by example…

1 Comments:

At February 14, 2006 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

T'es ben intense toé pis t'as toutte ta vie en ligne tabarnacle. Tu es un philosophe, tu es mon ami. Margaret Cho est une philosophe underground aussi pis elle gagne sa vie en critiquant le monde et en faisant du stand up. Ce n'est pas professionnel de ta part ou la par de la personne qui t'a accordé une entrevue dans une boîte de vous vous insulter l'un et l'autre en personne ou en ligne. Je ne sais pas quoi te dire. Tu dois choisir IT ou les Arts et essayer cet hiver de trouver un moyen pour gagner ta vie dans l'un ou l'autre ou whatever, et ajuster ta personnalité 24h/24h selon le milieu que tu choisis! Je suis 100% derrière toi et je sais que tu es capable de faire les deux et même plus mais focus STP et fais pas chier le monde que tu ne connais pas, les amis sont là pour t'écouter, la société ne comprends pas ton style ni tes propos et ils jugent. Pas tout le monde peut être en un état constant d'évolution alors essaie pas de les changer dans un one shot! Je t'adore et je ne veux pas que tu sois faché avec moi. Bon courage et see you soon (Friday inchallah). Hey and I need nice pictures of me on your blog but nothing more, if we have a fight or act silly no one needs to know about this but you and me. You know that already. Celà fais des années que j'ai rien écris sur internet. J'ai juste des photos sur mon MSN space j'ai plein d'amis j'ai vraiment pas besoin d'avoir un online public diary. Mais si ça t'arrange à toi et bien tant mieux, we're not the same person. Ouphe... je suis vraiment pas en mode thérapie. Je veux juste écouter la musique voir du monde pendant notre prochain 5@7! Stupid Fun is what I need. Therapy is on hold. I'll try to be a good listener... Time goes by so Sloli. It's gonna be fun. And the STCUM employee was amazing and fantastic with me last week when I visited West Island, he dropped me off at Baffin and Roger-Pilon and since I made it clear I don't mind walking he was smart and dropped me off there and told me to walk straight to St-Jean to my destination. Yalla! And yeah at work they asked me if I went to the muslim demonstration I said I was tied up getting a tan at the Salon de bronzage. Each his own and we love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home