4/4/06

Ms. Pink to Orange to Redhot

Holy moly. It's pissing rain today.

I asked Ms. Pink if she could kindly drive the 2km today as sopping wetness was not on my list of things to bring to work today. "My pleasure" was not the answer.

The answer was an enraged "go fuck yourself" (paraphrasing) followed by a "why didn't you ask me yesterday when I could've prepared!!!" – prepared? For the weather? What planet is this girl from? Besides even checking the weather doesn't give the exact condition (i.e. drizzle vs. cats and dogs). Mr. Brown, overhearing said conversation, kindly says "I'll drive you." I decline his offer seeing as he has to drive in mostly the opposite direction. I reply, "I will walk the rain; with pleasure; with pleasure" Yes, said twice plus one more. He accepts. She get in the car and starts pulling out. Mr Brown flags he down. "Wait! You'll take him as it only entails a 15 second stop on your way." She grinds the transmission pulling back in… (not the first time I've heard this automatic grind gears under her guidance).

I got in the car, thanked her, and kindly ask her not to road rage our fragile asses all the way to our usual drop off point. She road raged without any hesitation; bang bang over the first speed bump.

I've raced my fair share of cars and have ridden a motorcycle through some the nastiest/wickedest/most amazing roads (same roads btw) in North America. I have a great deal of respect for the condition of the vehicle, of the roads, and of my mind when operating a motor vehicle of any kind, especially at speed. I got out of the car within 15 – 30 seconds – into the pissing rain, as I believed it would safer for both of us.

Mr. Brown saved my ass once again and got me to work on time. Merci.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home